Long Term Visa Types & Requirement
Note: Applicants must apply for visas at least 30 days in advance of the intended date of travel
Following are the general requirements for all types of Indian visas one can apply from Poland. Please prepare your visa application according to the guidelines given below
- Lithuanian citizens
- Persons who are holders of passports other than Lithuanian passport, and are normally resident in Lithuania.
General requirements for an Indian Visa
- Passport is valid at least for one year with at least one blank page for the visa.
- Visa application form (one copy) duly completed and signed by the applicant. Applications with incomplete forms in any respect are likely to be rejected by the Embassy. Click here to download the visa form.
- ONE color passport size photograph full frontal view to be pasted on the application form. Specifications (3,5 x 4,5 cms).
- Copy of the return ticket or reservation.
|Type||Purpose||Term||Additional Document Required|
|Tourist||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India for tourism purposes only.||1 / 5 Years||None|
|Business||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India for business purposes such as business meeting/discussion, signing or updating contract with the company, product inspection, buying products, market survey, to be trained in official training, for commissioning, for implantation, for installation or repair of machines, for giving training to Indian partners.||1 / 5 Years||1. Invitation letter from Indian partner or company with the complete information regarding the visit along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities while a foreign national stays in India; letter of invitation MUST be signed, duly stamped and addressed to the Embassy of India in Warsaw.
2. Letter from the company where the applicant is employed with the information about the visit to Indian company along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities while the applicant stays in India. Letter MUST be stamped and duly signed by the authorized person.
|Student||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India for purpose of higher studies, learning yoga, studies for exchange students only||1 / 5 Years||1. Letter from the university, school or yoga Kendra (school) with the complete information about studies, the total period of studies and confirmation of admission.
2. Proof of the paid tuition fee.
3. Copy of the registration certificate of the university, school, Kendra or institute.
5. Bank statement of the applicant’s bank account (The Embassy of India has put this requirement to see if the applicant will be able to cover all the expenses while staying in India).
|AIESEC||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India to join a company for an internship only||1 / 5 Years||1. Letter of internship offer from AIESEC Poland.
2. AIESEC student acceptance note from AIESEC Poland duly signed by the intern.
3. Letter of invitation from Indian company or organization duly signed and stamped by an authorized person with the complete information regarding the subject of internship along with the total duration mentioned.
4. Copy of the certificate of incorporation of Indian company or organization.
5. Letter from AIESEC India with information about the internship.
6. Company/organization acceptance letter from AIESEC India.
NOTE: A foreigner living in Poland can apply for an AIESEC internship visa in Embassy of India, Warsaw provided she/he has a residence permit to Poland (or certificate of registering the residence, in case of European Union citizens).
|Employment||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India to work in a company, organization, institution or NGO (non-governmental organization)||1 / 5 Years||1. Copy of contract between applicant and Indian company, organization or institution.
2. Letter from the Indian company, institution or organization with the statement of taking all the responsibilities for the foreign national when he/she is in India.
3. Letter from the Indian company, organization or institution, explaining the necessity of employing a foreigner.
4. Copy of the certificate of incorporation of the company, institute or organization or copy of the certificate of registration.
5. The documentary proof of educational qualification and professional expertise.
6. Curriculum Vitae.
|Film & Documentary||Issued to persons, intended to make a documentary or filming||1 / 5 Years||1. Letter from the company where the applicant/s is/are employed with DETAILED information about the subject of documentary or filming along with the number of places to be visited.
2. Letter with the full names and surnames of all the applicant/s along with the number of passport/s
3. A separate letter with the information about the kind of equipment and number of units to be used in India along with their total value in USD.
4. Letter from the Indian partner (if any) duly addressed to the Embassy of India with the detailed information regarding the documentary or filming.
5. MUST have a copy of the letter of permission for filming or documentary from the Ministry of External Affairs, India.
6. MUST have the copy of the letter of permission for filming or documentary from the Ministry of Information & Broadcasting, India.
NOTE: In order to get above-mentioned permissions, please consult with First Secretary, Embassy of India Warsaw, after prior appointment over the telephone.
|Journalist||Issued to persons, intended to go for journalist activities or professional related job||1 / 5 Years||1. Letter from the company where the applicant is employed with detailed information regarding the visit to India; the letter must be addressed to the Embassy of India, Warsaw.
2. A separate letter addressed to the Embassy of India, Warsaw with the information of the kind of equipment and number of units to be used in India along with their value in USD.
3. In case of co-operation with Indian company or partner, a letter from Indian partner is required with the detailed information of the visit along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities of the foreign nationals.
NOTE: Embassy of India, Warsaw may ask the applicant to provide some other documents related to activity or program.
|Medical||Issued to persons, intended to have treatment for a SERIOUS MEDICAL PROBLEM||1 / 5 Years||1. Letter from Indian hospital or doctor with the confirmation of patient’s admission, with the information about the type of disease and approximate period of treatment.
2. Letter from Indian hospital or doctor with the details of the person going with a patient as an attendant.
3. Copy of old reports of the treatment taken by a foreign national in his/her own country.
4. Statement written and signed by patient or the most immediate family members of patient undertaking all the responsibilities when the patient is under treatment in India; the statement MUST be attested by a notary public and must be translated into English by a sworn translator (if written in Polish).
|Research||Issued to persons, intended to go for a research program||1 / 5 Years||1. Subject of research in detail.
2. Total duration of research in India.
3. Number of places to be visited in India during the period of research.
4. Details of previous visit/s to India (if any).
5. Confirmation of secured admission in the institute in India where research project will take place.
6. Copy of letter from the department of higher education, Ministry of HRD, India regarding the research program.
7. Copy of letter of approval for research project to Ministry of HRD from institute in India.
8. Letter of recommendation from institution, university or organization where the applicant is currently working or studying.
9. Proof of financial resources to finance the project.
OCI/PIO cardholder would require special permission to undertake research work in India
NOTE: Embassy of India may ask applicant to provide additional documents regarding his/her research project