Short Term Visa Types & Requirement
Note: Applicants must apply for visas at least 30 days in advance of the intended date of travel
Following are the general requirements for all types of Indian visas one can apply from Poland. Please prepare your visa application according to the guidelines given below
- Lithuanian citizens
- Persons who are holders of passports other than Lithuanian passport, and are normally resident in Lithuania.
General requirements for an Indian Visa
- Passport valid at least for one year with at least one blank page for the visa.
- Visa application form (one copy) duly completed and signed by the applicant. Applications with incomplete forms in any respect are likely to be rejected by the Embassy. Click here to download the visa form.
- ONE color passport size photograph full frontal view to be pasted on the application form. Specifications (3,5 x 4,5 cms).
|Tourist||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India for tourism purposes only.||6 months||None|
|Business||Issued to persons, intended to travel to India for business purposes such as business meeting/discussion, signing or updating contract with the company, product inspection, buying products, market survey, to be trained in official training, for commissioning, for implantation, for installation or repair of machines, for giving training to Indian partners.||6 months||1. Invitation letter from Indian partner or company with the complete information regarding the visit along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities while a foreign national stays in India; letter of invitation MUST be signed, duly stamped and addressed to the Embassy of India in Warsaw.
2. Letter from the company where the applicant is employed with the information about the visit to Indian company along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities while the applicant stays in India. Letter MUST be stamped and duly signed by the authorized person.
|Conference||Conference visas are issued for the duration of the conference to be attended.||6 months||1. Letter of invitation from the conference organizer should be submitted along with the visa application.
In case if the conference is being organized by an NGO the following clearances are required:
(NOT VALID FOR TOURISM PURPOSE)
|15 Days||1. Copy of SEAMAN’S BOOK (in case of seamen)
2. Letter from the company where the applicant is employed with the reason of requesting for a Transit Visa. Letter must be signed and duly stamped by an authorized person (in case of seamen).
3. Letter from the Indian agent with the complete information regarding the visit to India for a transit purpose. Letter MUST be signed, duly stamped and addressed to the Embassy of India, Warsaw (in case of seamen).
|Medical||Issuesd to person intended to have treatment for a SERIOUS MEDICAL PROBLEM||6 Months||1. Letter from Indian hospital or doctor with the confirmation of patient’s admission, with the information about type of disease and approximate period of treatment.
2. Letter from the Indian hospital or doctor with the details of the person going with a patient as an attendant
3. Copy of old reports of the treatment taken by a foreign national in his/her own country.
4. A statement written and signed by the patient or the most immediate family members of patient undertaking all the responsibilities when the patient is under treatment in India; the statement MUST be attested by a notary public and must be translated into English by a sworn translator (if written in Polish)
|Journalist||Issued to persons, intended to go for journalist activities or professional related job.||6 months||1. Letter from the company where the applicant is employed with detailed information regarding the visit to India; the letter must be addressed to the Embassy of India, Warsaw
2. A separate letter addressed to the Embassy of India, Warsaw with the information of the kind of equipment and number of units to be used in India along with their value in USD
3. In case of co-operation with Indian company or partner, a letter from Indian partner is required with the detailed information of the visit along with the undertaking of all the responsibilities of the foreign nationals.
NOTE: Embassy of India, Warsaw may ask the applicant to provide some other documents related to activity or program